Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Empty
PostSubject: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:56 pm

This one is tough for me to answer, because I don't fully understand the dynamic behind this.
I mean, I DO, but I have no Scriptural counter-argument yet for those who say it's unnecessary.

All I have is this:

When I apologize to someone, it certainly feels better to say it out loud,
and to hear that person whom I have wronged tell me that he/she forgives me.

Know what I mean?

cyclops
Back to top Go down
https://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
phe

phe

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:21 am

no no no no noo no no no no no no no no no no no no no

A priest forgiving you is like him judging you and giving himself authority above you. He is no better than you and basically the only thing your doing is telling him about the time you farted on an old lady, then stole her wig.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:14 pm

phe wrote:

A priest forgiving you is like him judging you and giving himself authority above you.

The priest acts as a representative of God to help us through the process to receive God's grace.
He lets you know that if you really are sorry for the things you've done,
you ARE absolved of your sins.
So who does the forgiving? The priest?
No.
God.

Quote :
He is no better than you

I agree, in theory.
Clearly most priests probably sin LESS than I do, but God does not love them MORE. I totally get that.

Quote :
and basically the only thing your doing is telling him about the time you farted on an old lady, then stole her wig.

That doesn't make any sense to me.

geek
Back to top Go down
phe

phe

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:55 am

ok well i think that if you are going to have a REAL, in-depth relationship with God, yes, God, then apologizing to him should be what you are worried about, and that should resolve it for you. I mean, how much more direct does it get than that?

nah mean?
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:59 am

phe wrote:
ok well i think that if you are going to have a REAL, in-depth relationship with God, yes, God, then apologizing to him should be what you are worried about, and that should resolve it for you. I mean, how much more direct does it get than that?

nah mean?
I need you in the starbucks and jehovah's witnesses threads... not this one. get outta here nigga.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 am

phe wrote:

nah mean?

Yep, I agree.
I don't understand how you're disagreeing with me, LOL.
Smile
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:05 am

47.5 wrote:

the starbucks and jehovah's witnesses threads... not this one. get outta here nigga.

No kidding!

afro

Why pick this one, after all this time?
Oh well.
tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?   Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q: Do Priests Forgive Sins?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Crap That Matters :: Debate :: Religion-
Jump to: