Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea for LK Topic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm thinking about starting a thread for sharing pictures of what we all look like.

I'd post a picture of me, my daughter Kirsten, and then try to throw in something funny.

Cool Barn, what do you think?

farao
Back to top Go down
https://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:16 am

Yeah sounds good mate, the only thing is most people are probably a little hesitant to post personal photos on a public forum. So the thread might be a little small, some people would do it, but I bet not everyone who posts would. Maybe you could make some small rule like "if you comment in the thread you must include at least one genuine photograph of yourself" or something like that.

You could give it a try if you really want to do it. It can't really hurt.

(Unless somebody takes your photos, scans and uses them to make false identification, and then uses this false ID to buy up half the western world and send you into debt for the next 36 trillion years. In which case it CAN really hurt)
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:37 am

Cool Barn wrote:
Yeah sounds good mate, the only thing is most people
(Unless somebody takes your photos, scans and uses them to make false identification, and then uses this false ID to buy up half the western world and send you into debt for the next 36 trillion years. In which case it CAN really hurt)

Sh*t.
Nevermind.
That was my plan.

Forget the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:38 am

You really don't like "Zoom In"?

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:33 am

Zoom In is okay. I don't hate it, in fact it's one of the better songs on the album. I just think it suffers from not having a catchy chorus; to me it's just too one dimensional and similar sounding for the entire track. It's like just one big long verse with no bridge, chorus, or break that gets annoying after a while.

Add the fact that the drumming is so repetitive, no fills at all, all computer/machine, it really annoys me that Roger put up with it. Didn't he listen to the album before they released it and say "hang on guys, let me at least show SOME skill on this record"???

Also critical of the synth-bass, it hurts me to think that they have one of the best bass players in the world but he goes unheard for too many tracks on RCM, and Zoom In is no exception.

If played live (they didn't play it at V-Fest so I haven't heard it) with Roger doing some cool fills and John actually playing a decent bassline I think it WOULD be a good song. Not a great song, but pretty good. As it stands it has just too many bad points as listed in this post for me to really like it.

If you told me I would never be able to hear Save A Prayer again I would be sad. If you told me I would never be able to hear My Antarctica again I would be sad. If you told me I would never be able to hear any tracks from RCM again I would not be sad, I would be very non-plussed. Six months after the album has come out the only tracks I think of at all these days are She's Too Much and the verse of Boxful O' Honey. That's it I'm very sad to say Sad
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:43 am

Where is that picture of yourself you were going to send to me?
And how's your health?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea for LK Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for LK Topic   Idea for LK Topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea for LK Topic
Page 1 of 1