HomeFAQRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 didn't feel like posting in an old thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:07 pm

so I made a new one.


How about instead of making the Forums centered around Duran Duran or just not centered around anything at all, you have it centered around theological debates. We seem to be getting much more traffic than usual. Everybody is going to the debate forum. There is always something to debate. As long as we can make topics, we could get people to post. eh? eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 pm

47.5 wrote:
so I made a new one.


How about instead of making the Forums centered around Duran Duran or just not centered around anything at all, you have it centered around theological debates. We seem to be getting much more traffic than usual. Everybody is going to the debate forum. There is always something to debate. As long as we can make topics, we could get people to post. eh? eh?


That's not a bad idea, but I'm not really sure we're SUPPOSED to be
debating this stuff.
I feel a little weird about it at times.

Oh, well.
A least for now, that's not a bad idea.
It's an excellent idea.

I'll get to it right now.

Smile


Do you have PhotoShop?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 pm

BeMyIcon wrote:

Do you have PhotoShop?
I think so. Why?


BeMyIcon wrote:
That's not a bad idea, but I'm not really sure we're SUPPOSED to be
debating this stuff.
I feel a little weird about it at times.
I don't see anything wrong with it. The more you debate about it, the more you think about it. And it's always good to think about and research what you believe.

Plus: Proverbs 27:17.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm

For now, I'm going to link the "message boards" link on www.bemyicon.net to this page,
and I want to change the top picture........I'll just have Paul (royalb) make a new logo...

Unless you want to mess around with it, too!

"Be My Icon" is a song by Duran Duran, and "BeMyIcon" is my name on the DD Lizard King board that I post on....there are a couple thousand members over there, and I thought that if any of them are looking to talk about something other than Duran Duran and music,
they might come here.
I think I'm generally liked over there, so knowing my name and having in the page could help.

Who knows?


It sucks that www.bemyicon.com isn't available....and I don't even know how to get in touch with the person who owns it to make an offer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:44 pm

BeMyIcon wrote:
It sucks that www.bemyicon.com isn't available....and I don't even know how to get in touch with the person who owns it to make an offer!

ta da
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:51 pm

47.5 wrote:
BeMyIcon wrote:
It sucks that www.bemyicon.com isn't available....and I don't even know how to get in touch with the person who owns it to make an offer!

ta da


O.K., cool.
That's the same site I was at the other day, and I sent an e-mail to him/her.

It's been a few days, though, so I don't know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 pm

So are we just turning this into an only religion forum or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:20 am

47.5 wrote:
So are we just turning this into an only religion forum or what?


That's the second post of yours that I missed.
Weird.

No, I don't think so...we need to have an area
where we can take a break from it.
But to focus it on that?
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

I don't really know how to structure it, though.
Perhaps my right-hand man 47.5 could come up with some idea.

(Or am I YOUR right-hand man?)


And where the hell is Cool Barn?????????
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 am

This is soo much better with it big like this.
I could get to like it, actually.

Maybe I don't need to spend a bunch of money on message board software!

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:51 am

Whoa now I am completely messed up. oh and you really outdid yourself on that icon

I took away the chatbox. No one uses it and it made me scroll..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:25 am

Why is the background oranges? I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

And do you know how to move the avatars to the left? I like them better over there and having them on the right is really throwing me off. Are you alright if I change them?
Why don't you make a blog attached to this site? We'd probably get more traffic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:38 am

47.5 wrote:
Why is the background oranges? I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

And do you know how to move the avatars to the left? I like them better over there and having them on the right is really throwing me off. Are you alright if I change them?
Why don't you make a blog attached to this site? We'd probably get more traffic.


I don't know...I guess just because they were ORANGE, LOL.
Smile


No problem: move them if you'd like.


I could do that...no idea how, though, as I don't know if I can just put html anywhere I want...I doubt it.
I could put a link in a pinned thread or something.
Or is there a much better way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:43 am

BeMyIcon wrote:
I could do that...no idea how, though, as I don't know if I can just put html anywhere I want...I doubt it.
I could put a link in a pinned thread or something.
Or is there a much better way?
here is the blog-making brother of this forum's software thing.



and how do you know HTML...? I wasn't expecting that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:59 am

47.5 wrote:
BeMyIcon wrote:
I could do that...no idea how, though, as I don't know if I can just put html anywhere I want...I doubt it.
I could put a link in a pinned thread or something.
Or is there a much better way?
here is the blog-making brother of this forum's software thing.



and how do you know HTML...? I wasn't expecting that...



I don't really "know" html.
I know a little, and I saw what you typed when I quoted your post.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:11 am

I'm signing up for a free blog now.

I have to choose a domain.

Should I keep it as durandurantalk.com.whateverblog.poop
or
bemyicon.net.whateverblog.poop?

If I change it to bemyicon, I'll restructure this site to reflect that.
I have web hosting through yahoo on that site, too.

?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:18 am

Well we're pretty much killing the idea of just having it be about Duran Duran, right? Just center it around BeMyIcon. That gives us room for change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:26 am

47.5 wrote:
Well we're pretty much killing the idea of just having it be about Duran Duran, right? Just center it around BeMyIcon. That gives us room for change.


Cool.
Thanks.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
Cool Barn

avatar

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 am

Hey for some reason I wasn't logged in but I thought I still was. That's why I haven't noticed any new posts recently (I just thought it was really quiet for the last couple of weeks!).

Now that I have logged in and seen there ARE new posts I will continue to annoy the shit out of everyone here.

Just try and stop me!




Oh that's right - you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:58 am

Cool Barn wrote:
Hey for some reason I wasn't logged in but I thought I still was. That's why I haven't noticed any new posts recently (I just thought it was really quiet for the last couple of weeks!).

Now that I have logged in and seen there ARE new posts I will continue to annoy the shit out of everyone here.

Just try and stop me!




Oh that's right - you can.



LOL.

I'm so glad you're back, asshole nice man.




I love you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:39 pm

oh hell yeah that would be my name at the top
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:48 am

47.5 wrote:
oh hell yeah that would be my name at the top



Sorry I haven't really posted in a day.
Busy.
Sort of.

I'm going to ask Paul tomorrow to create a banner for us.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:53 am

And so much for the "more traffic" we were getting.
Smile


Oh well.
Maybe someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:01 pm

The picture at the top is just big enough to screen stretch. Can you make one small enough to fit in the box?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 am

47.5 wrote:
The picture at the top is just big enough to screen stretch. Can you make one small enough to fit in the box?


Yep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:28 pm

...will you?



pretty please?



:[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 pm

I command you to change that damn banner and make it smaller
Back to top Go down
View user profile
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:33 pm

>:[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:02 am

Sorry, YES.

I'll change it.
But I'm waiting for Paul to make a new one.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: didn't feel like posting in an old thread   

Back to top Go down
 
didn't feel like posting in an old thread
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» "New member's have to wait 7 day's before posting external links?" [HELP]
» Anonymous Posting Forum
» How to Make a "Small Avatar" in Posting Homepage Menu? (phpBB)
» [ONLY TOPIC ] Forums are Down/Servimg Images/Error Messages while Posting
» Error messages when posting and double posts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Talk :: Main Room-
Jump to: