HomeFAQRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
phe

avatar

Number of posts : 53
Age : 26
Location : ATL nukka
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 pm

the church was around long before the catholic church christopher. I think you need to think about that as the church not the catholic church because the catholic church really doesnt have a good rep in the christian world
Back to top Go down
View user profile
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 pm

phe wrote:
the church was around long before the catholic church christopher. I think you need to think about that as the church not the catholic church because the catholic church really doesnt have a good rep in the christian world
he believes the church in the Bible is basically the Catholic Church. Which I can't really disagree with except that there are only slight differences. The Catholic Church is just the organized association of the original Church.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:02 pm

47.5 wrote:
phe wrote:
the church was around long before the catholic church christopher. I think you need to think about that as the church not the catholic church because the catholic church really doesnt have a good rep in the christian world
he believes the church in the Bible is basically the Catholic Church. Which I can't really disagree with except that there are only slight differences. The Catholic Church is just the organized association of the original Church.


I think you nailed it right there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 pm

The Catholic Church may have been there since the beginning, but it has changed. It isn't the same thing as it used to be. The early Church was just the name for all believers, and going to church meant that you were going to not a worship service, but basically a meeting. The Catholic Church is now not only a religious headquarters, but a business in some ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 pm

phe wrote:
the church was around long before the catholic church christopher. I think you need to think about that as the church not the catholic church because the catholic church really doesnt have a good rep in the christian world


I don't really understand why you would use the word "because" here.
I should change the way I feel BECAUSE you think the Catholic Church
does not "have a good rep"?
LOL.
Come on now.
Smile

Also, as far as I know, there are more Catholics than any other Christian
denomination.
So when you talk about "the Christian World" (whatever THAT is!),
I'm assuming you're referring to the NON-CATHOLIC/Protestant "world"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 pm

47.5 wrote:
The Catholic Church may have been there since the beginning, but it has changed. It isn't the same thing as it used to be. The early Church was just the name for all believers, and going to church meant that you were going to not a worship service, but basically a meeting.

I'm not so sure about that, because I think that there was always
Communion, which remains today the central part of the Catholic Mass.
The Last Supper was the "First Communion", and I believe that has continued
throughout the history of the Church.

Quote :
The Catholic Church is now not only a religious headquarters, but a business in some ways.


What do you mean by that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
47.5

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm

BeMyIcon wrote:
So when you talk about "the Christian World" (whatever THAT is!),
I'm assuming you're referring to the NON-CATHOLIC/Protestant "world"?
Sometimes you argue the weirdest stuff, man. When we say something, don't pick out each word and ask us to define it if it doesn't contribute to the debate. The Christian World is the Christian World. In the circle of Christians (all Christians), you are looked down upon because of your past mistakes (why I kept stating Indulgences, the Crusades, and the Inquisition earlier).

Quote :
I don't really understand why you would use the word "because" here.
I should change the way I feel BECAUSE you think the Catholic Church
does not "have a good rep"?
LOL.
Come on now.
Smile
Usually, if someone has a bad reputation, you have a tendency to not believe them. If someone comes up to you and says they want to hug you and you agree to hug but then they slap you, will you trust them the next time they want a hug? What about if they do it 3 or more times after that? I think their credibility is lowered.

Quote :

Also, as far as I know, there are more Catholics than any other Christian
denomination.
Does this really matter? Really?

Quote :
I'm not so sure about that, because I think that there was always
Communion, which remains today the central part of the Catholic Mass.
The Last Supper was the "First Communion", and I believe that has continued
throughout the history of the Church.
Not completely sure what you meant by that, but if you're disagreeing with the thing where I said that church used to be a meeting, I meant that church used to not necessarily be led by a pastor, but it was just a group of believers who decided to meet together somewhere and talk about God.

Quote :
What do you mean by that?
I just mean that they seemed to have moved slightly away from God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 396
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:37 pm

47.5 wrote:
Sometimes you argue the weirdest stuff, man. When we say something, don't pick out each word and ask us to define it if it doesn't contribute to the debate. The Christian World is the Christian World. In the circle of Christians (all Christians), you are looked down upon because of your past mistakes (why I kept stating Indulgences, the Crusades, and the Inquisition earlier).


Well, I'm addressing what I feel to be problems with the original question.
If I have a problem with the question itself, and need to clarify something first,
why wouldn't I DO that?
I can't answer a question I feel is irrelevant.

Please define "The Christian World" that "looks down upon" the Catholic Church.
Because I can't imagine you mean Catholics, the largest sect of Christianity.
If you can do that, then I think we can move on with this aspect of the debate.


Quote :

Usually, if someone has a bad reputation, you have a tendency to not believe them. If someone comes up to you and says they want to hug you and you agree to hug but then they slap you, will you trust them the next time they want a hug? What about if they do it 3 or more times after that? I think their credibility is lowered.

And you're allowed to think that, fine.
The people leading the Church have made mistakes over the years.
Are you saying that I should stay away from things that are fallible?
If Evangelicals had a central church, would you say the same thing about IT?
Because there is certainly a blemish or two there.


Quote :
Does this really matter? Really?

Not at all, no.
I never said it did.
Philip said "The Christian World", and to me, the "Christian World"
is dominated by Catholicism.

Quote :

Not completely sure what you meant by that, but if you're disagreeing with the thing where I said that church used to be a meeting, I meant that church used to not necessarily be led by a pastor, but it was just a group of believers who decided to meet together somewhere and talk about God.

Source?

Quote :
I just mean that they seemed to have moved slightly away from God.

"Seem[ed] to have" = present perfect, right? So you're talking NOW?
Please give a current example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?   

Back to top Go down
 
Who wrote the Bible? simple question. simple answer?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Ask Wolfy: Question and Answer #1
» Forum Post Simple Image Upload Button
» Simple forum ranks
» Help get a Forumotion user on WWE's Tough Enough Reality Show! (It's simple)
» Simple Question, Can I Move My Forum From Here To A Paid Host?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Crap That Matters :: Debate :: Religion-
Jump to: