Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Categories on Bandsons.com

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Categories on Bandsons.com Empty
PostSubject: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:11 am

O.K., so I'm trying to categorize about 20,000 products for www.Bandsons.com .

The categories can be seen at www.bossecommerce.com .

Pretend that you're trying to search for something to buy through the categories.

What should be changed and why?
Any input is great.........unless I disagree with you, in which case you're clearly an idiot.
Smile
Back to top Go down
https://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:37 pm

I like it. I like how you can stay on the main page and scroll quickly through everything, there is nothing worse than trying to track down an item either that you don't know how to classify, or that could fit into a number of different categories, and then having to click on link after link searching for it. The way you've done it you can search for things a little quicker (although I presume you'll have a search box when it's all up and running anyway yeah?).

What I DON'T like is that 47.5's and my name have been removed from your banner above and replaced by a more professional looking title. I'm feeling a little rejected, and am devastated that the world is missing out on your leet MS Paint skills Sad
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Cool Barn wrote:
leet
You're too old to know about this word...

and I remember finding a Wii bag on the Xbox controllers section yesterday. You should probably change that.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 pm

47.5 wrote:

and I remember finding a Wii bag on the Xbox controllers section yesterday. You should probably change that.

LOL.

We don't have any products on www.bossecommerce.com , so I don't see how that could have happened.
You nut.

Last edited by BeMyIcon on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:37 pm

On bandsons if you go to Gaming Zone, Xbox, then controllers, you'll find a Wii bag as the first one. Not talking about ecommerce.com
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm

47.5 wrote:
On bandsons if you go to Gaming Zone, Xbox, then controllers, you'll find a Wii bag as the first one. Not talking about ecommerce.com

The categories at Bandsons are beyond messed up.
I'm surprised that's all you found!

I created the categories at BOSSecommerce.com,
and soon we're going to put the products in them and put them on Bandsons.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:45 pm

I just searched through Bossecommerce looking for stuff and I was like, "they haven't got shit for Wii... or Xbox... they don't have any gaming stuff on here. Nothing's on here at all" before realizing that you said earlier there isn't anything there...

ah found something. under computer you put "mouse" even though everything else in the category is plural.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 7:58 pm

47.5 wrote:

ah found something. under computer you put "mouse" even though everything else in the category is plural.

Awesome!

Thank you...that's EXACTLY the kind of input I was looking for.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 pm

47.5 wrote:

Hey my generation invented leet-speak, so you show some respect sonny Mad
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Cool Barn wrote:
47.5 wrote:

Hey my generation invented leet-speak, so you show some respect sonny Mad

I have no idea what you guys are talking about!

Hey, did you get the "Happy Birthday" song?
I posted a reply on LK.
Back to top Go down
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Doing a spell check for you Chris.

In Audio-Headphones/Earbuds - "binuaral" should be "binaural"

Will keep checking.

Have not been to LK for the past couple of hours or so.

EDIT:

Okay, have been to LK, thanks for the song mate!

Some suggestions for your site:

- In the binaural and DJ/Studio Headphones sections I'd recommend that "with wire" be changed to "wired" (sounds more professional).

- Spice racks listed twice in "Food & Drink Storage" (you must really love a nice rack. Boom boom)

- In the Music section I know we all love a good cowbell but is it worthy of its own section? Maybe put it in the percussion section?

- Rather than having blank CDs in the Audio section and blank DVDs in the Video section I'd list them all together under the computer section (maybe make a new computer sub-section called "accessories" or something?). Makes more sense and much easier to find this way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Okay I got about halfway through before giving up. so far:

under audio then CDs, you said Maintenace instead of Maintenance

under computer then memory sticks, all are in order except 16 gigabytes which is way out of place

under food and drink then food and drink storage, spice racks is put twice

alright this last one I may just be a little too anal on, but on every other one, you put miscellaneous at the end except on:

under gaming zone then PSP, miscellaneous is not at the end

same with on wii, gameboy, xbox, and xbox360
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Thank you VERY much, guys.....I'm going to fix all of that tonight.

That's a big help!
SmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:21 pm

No probs, our bill is in the mail.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

Cool Barn wrote:
(although I presume you'll have a search box when it's all up and running anyway yeah?).

Yes.
Smile
Back to top Go down
royalb

royalb

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:36 pm

So this is how u got the categories looking so good! A secret category blog???? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://Bandsons.com
Cool Barn

Cool Barn

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 am

You know I have NEVER used an avatar in ANY forum that I have ever frequented (including sites where I was an administrator) and THIS is the one you give me???

I would change it BMI, but fear you would only change it into something worse (if such a photo exists) Sad
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 am

Cool Barn wrote:
You know I have NEVER used an avatar in ANY forum that I have ever frequented (including sites where I was an administrator) and THIS is the one you give me???

I would change it BMI, but fear you would only change it into something worse (if such a photo exists) Sad

Rules, man.
Check the rules.

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Categories on Bandsons.com   Categories on Bandsons.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Categories on Bandsons.com
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Talk :: Main Room-
Jump to: