Share | 

2008 Olympics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
POP*ICON

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: 2008 Olympics   Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Is anyone into the Olympics as much as we all seemed to be when we were growing up??

I have to say the controversy surrounding this year's competition in China is definetely making it a little more exciting...

GO MICHAEL PHELPS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeMyIcon
Admin

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:55 pm

POP*ICON wrote:
Is anyone into the Olympics as much as we all seemed to be when we were growing up??

I have to say the controversy surrounding this year's competition in China is definetely making it a little more exciting...

GO MICHAEL PHELPS!

I wasn't then and I'm not now.

WHAT controversy?
LOL.
I'm very out of touch.

Poop and pee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://durandurantalk.forumotion.com

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:59 pm

POP*ICON wrote:

GO MICHAEL PHELPS!
I haven't watched them at all except for the opening ceremony (and only a few minutes of that).

And what controversy are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
POP*ICON

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 pm

There is controversey over the gymnastics girls ages on the China team that won the Gold. Apparently they are 3 years younger then they can be and the league isn't doing anything about it.

That and the hype about China getting all the immigrant workers out and putting up huge stone walls covering the dumpy parts of town... etc

They are taking this very seriously. Maybe everyone else has done the same thing and we haven't made a big deal about it or I just wasn't interested enough to notice?

Just seems comical. and Iwanted to see a new thread on here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:17 pm

POP*ICON wrote:
There is controversey over the gymnastics girls ages on the China team that won the Gold. Apparently they are 3 years younger then they can be and the league isn't doing anything about it.
Technically, if someone cheats in the Olympics, how can you solve it if they don't cooperate? Wage war?

Quote :

That and the hype about China getting all the immigrant workers out and putting up huge stone walls covering the dumpy parts of town... etc
This is kind of funny actually. They're trying to hide their poverty by putting walls around it?

Quote :

They are taking this very seriously. Maybe everyone else has done the same thing and we haven't made a big deal about it or I just wasn't interested enough to notice?
I've never heard of it before, but the Olympics are a big thing. I bet there has been a bit of cheating in every one of them.

Quote :
Just seems comical. and Iwanted to see a new thread on here!
New threads are good. I'm just not imaginative enough to think of new ideas so if you can think of anything, anything at all, make a thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
POP*ICON

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:26 pm

I don't know how to do quotes, any help on this would be appreciated!

But yes, they are hiding their poverty from cameras. Seems ridiculous. And I heard talk though that they could have taken the gold medals away for cheating on the gymnastics part... seems like something they should be looking into as the integrity of the games as whole TO ME is at stake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:44 pm

POP*ICON wrote:
I don't know how to do quotes, any help on this would be appreciated!
You can click the quote button at the top of the post you want to quote if you only want to quote once. If you want to do multiple quotes, you can use the code
Code:
[quote]
at the beginning of what you want to quote and
Code:
[/quote]
at the end to close it. If you want to insert their name into the quote instead of it just saying "quote", you can type:
Code:
[quote="47.5"]QUOTE HERE[/quote]
It specifies who you are quoting but it is not necessary.

POP*ICON wrote:

But yes, they are hiding their poverty from cameras. Seems ridiculous. And I heard talk though that they could have taken the gold medals away for cheating on the gymnastics part... seems like something they should be looking into as the integrity of the games as a whole TO ME is at stake.
Seems to me that the integrity of the country is at stake. Them cheating and not doing something about it shows something about their mindset and takes away what I think would be the ability to trust them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cool Barn

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 am

Personally I don't think China's integrity is at stake, because when it comes to cheating at sport and the overall treatment of its people it has no integrity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
POP*ICON

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Thanks a bunch 47.5! That helps alot.

Just seems like they are taking winning and the "look" of their country to such a weird place for something like the Olympics...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Olympics   

Back to top Go down

2008 Olympics
Page 1 of 1