Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legalization

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 12:38 am

All drugs are viewed as bad by the majority. Are some better than others? Could some actually be so much better that legalizing them would actually benefit us? This thread is on which drugs should be legalized if you had the choice.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:05 am

47.5 wrote:
All drugs are viewed as bad by the majority. Are some better than others? Could some actually be so much better that legalizing them would actually benefit us? This thread is on which drugs should be legalized if you had the choice.

First of all, and I know it's not the point, but who gives a crap
what the "majority" thinks?
Millions of people buy Britney Spears albums.
Millions of people voted for George Bush.
And the majority of WHAT? People in the U.S.?
On what scale do we consider it to be a "majority"?
Per town? Per state? Country? Hemisphere? Continent?

Anyway, to the point, sort of:
"All" drugs?
I'm assuming you mean all existing outlawed drugs in the U.S.
I don't feel that pot is as bad as heroin or cocaine,
and I'm not so sure it should be illegal.
In fact, I think alcohol is probably more "dangerous" than pot,
when used excessively.
Socially and moderately, alcohol and pot are fine in my book.
If marijuana weren't illegal, I'd probably smoke it.
But it is, so I don't. (anymore/haven't for quite a while)
We as Christians run into all sorts of trouble when crossing that illegal line,
especially when dealing with a mind-altering drug like The Chronic, lol.
Sure, sometimes you can see things more clearly, but is it worth the risk
of seeing things a little skewed in a not-so-good way?
In my opinion, it's not worth the risk, no.

Sooooo,
if it were up to ME, I'd say legalize everything and let us sort it out on our own.

LOL.
No, seriously, that's how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
https://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
POP*ICON

POP*ICON

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:35 pm

I agree with legalizing everything... this day and age it is the "forbidden fruit" that is the most appealing... take away the "forbidden" part and all you have left is "fruit" and who wants that??!
Back to top Go down

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Alright well I was hoping for some disagreement to make this a good debate, but yeah, I think it should all be legalized.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:26 pm

POP*ICON wrote:
I agree with legalizing everything... this day and age it is the "forbidden fruit" that is the most appealing... take away the "forbidden" part and all you have left is "fruit" and who wants that??!

Well, as I said, I agree with the legalization,
but not because of the "Forbidden Fruit" view,
especially from where I'm coming from about pot.

Also, you think the crack addicts are addicted to crack
because it's illegal, and the addiction would go away once you could
buy it at Wal-Mart?
LOL.
Come on now.
Smile
Back to top Go down
POP*ICON

POP*ICON

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Quote :
Also, you think the crack addicts are addicted to crack because it's illegal, and the addiction would go away once you could buy it at Wal-Mart?

No. You obviously wouldn't be addicted to crack without trying it first of all. Secondly, it is the "forbidden fruit" that gives us a sometimes the uncontrollable urge to try it... thus THEN becoming addicted. I'm not saying it would elliviate all uses of the product but it would seem like comonplace and I think the numbers would drastically decrease.
Back to top Go down
phe

phe

Number of posts : 53

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 pm

well... if we wanna go WAYYY back then i dont really believe the government should be able to illegalize things but this is what i believe

i think that heroin crack bars etc are terrible for u and addictive and should be illegal... All they do is run your life and kill you...

i dont think marijuana should be illegal, and i kind of think alcohol SHOULD be illegal...

i dont really want to get in to it but i know that marijuana doesnt hurt you. I know some kids who did it everyday for like a year or years and they are still normal. It will mess with you memory though if u do it everyday, but like all things, all things!!!!!, too much will mess with you. Other than abusing it, it wont hurt you... but alcohol is pretty dangerous, stuff like alcohol poisoning, choking on your vomit, drunk driving, and many other things kill so many people every year... but nobody dies from weed its like meant to not kill you lol
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:52 pm

phe wrote:

i dont think marijuana should be illegal, and i kind of think alcohol SHOULD be illegal...

i dont really want to get in to it but i know that marijuana doesnt hurt you. I know some kids who did it everyday for like a year or years and they are still normal. It will mess with you memory though if u do it everyday, but like all things, all things!!!!!, too much will mess with you. Other than abusing it, it wont hurt you... but alcohol is pretty dangerous, stuff like alcohol poisoning, choking on your vomit, drunk driving, and many other things kill so many people every year... but nobody dies from weed its like meant to not kill you lol

Alcohol: Jesus drank wine, and turned water into wine.
God doesn't have a problem with alcohol (EDIT: according to what I believe Scripture says about it), unless it's being abused.
If we're talking strictly "government", and leaving God out of this one,
then I really can't disagree, as I don't have MUCH of an educated opinion, LOL.

Also, we have to be careful about making everything that's "bad for you" illegal.
What about caffeine?
What about tobacco?

Marijuana:
You say that you KNOW that marijuana isn't "bad for you".
Well, when I smoked it too much, I neglected other things,
plus it costs money.
Also, do you think it's O.K. to drive when high?
What about when you forget that the stove is on?
What if you forget to turn on the baby monitor and you don't hear
your baby choking?
What if you forget to pick your kid up from school and she cries and is embarrassed?
I don't think those are GOOD things.
Those are all things that could easily happen when smoking too much.
And the problem with pot is that you don't KNOW how strong it's going to be.

I said in a different thread that I would smoke it if it weren't illegal,
but as a parent, I'm not sure that would be a good idea
if I had responsibilities.

Last edited by BeMyIcon on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 pm

I think everything should be legalized. Everything. What people do to themselves doesn't concern me. I don't want to force people into believing a certain way.

God gave us a choice between Himself and the Devil and we are free to do as we please. He does not force us to choose a certain path, He just tells us to beware of the consequences.
Back to top Go down
POP*ICON

POP*ICON

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:44 pm

I have to agree with 47.5, again we are back to the conscious decision on whether or not to "harm" your "temple" or not... making it legal or illegal doesn't help you make that decision, you still need to make it for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legalization Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legalization   Legalization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legalization
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Crap That Matters :: Debate-
Jump to: