Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

laws

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-01-01

laws Empty
PostSubject: laws   laws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Ever since the beginning, God has tried to give us chances to redeem ourselves and come back to Him. Being sent out of the garden (which actually was an act of compassion), the Judges, Jesus, etc., He is always trying to give us a chance to choose between Him and Satan. Without this choice, then faith is worthless. If we were forced to side with God, then we wouldn't actually be humans; we would be just emotion and intelligence without will (which is a vital part of what makes us us).

The reason I said that is because I believe that just as God gave us a choice between good and evil, we shouldn't (as Christians) impose laws against others forcing them to abide by what we assume God wants us to do. By creating laws against sins, we are removing that choice that God set up.

Libertarians believe (as I've been informed) that as long as it doesn't affect you, you shouldn't impose your will upon others. This means that things like drugs are legal (provided that under the influence of them they do not inconvenience others), however, this also means that abortion stays legal. Here comes the possibly controversial view of mine.

I think that abortion and other things should remain/become legal. We shouldn't impose our will upon others. God told us not to be the Judge of each other; He is the Judge over all of us. By making it a law that you cannot have an abortion or something else, you are taking away that free will God gave us.

We shouldn't punish others for their wrongdoings. God punishes them. Turn the other cheek and love them and leave it up to God to set them straight. You can preach to them, but if they don't accept it, don't force them to abide by what you find morally correct. Doing this has given Christians the bad name they have now. Whenever someone finds out I'm Christian, they assume I want to make everything sinful against the law and I frown upon those who do anything wrong. We have made a bad name for ourselves due to some overzealous Christians with power.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: laws   laws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:29 pm

You make a really good point.

I'm going to need to think on this a little,
but I want to at least address it right away with SOMEthing.

At least, relating to POLITICIANS,
the candidates I speak of are THEMSELVES in favor of war and/or abortion,
so there stays at least MY voting stance for now.

But yeah, so far that argument makes total sense,
in which case the word "Liberal" starts to take on a political meaning.

Good one.
I'll get back to this one again...time permitting, LOL.
So stinkin' busy as of late!
Back to top Go down
https://durandurantalk.forumotion.com

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-01-01

laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: laws   laws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:34 pm

I was speaking from a Libertarian standpoint; not Liberal. I don't know if that's what you thought, but I just wanted to specify.
Back to top Go down
BeMyIcon
Admin
BeMyIcon

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2007-12-15

laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: laws   laws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 pm

47.5 wrote:
I was speaking from a Libertarian standpoint; not Liberal. I don't know if that's what you thought, but I just wanted to specify.

I didn't think you were attaching yourself to ANY label at this point,
just asking questions.
rabbit
Back to top Go down
https://durandurantalk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: laws   laws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

laws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum